Friday, March 18, 2011

grammar oh cik grammar

Simon yang cuba nak sabotaj kerendahan aku supaya aku nampak lebih rendah. turun kan kaki kau sekarang!

me with two of huge germany people. rendah kan aku?

bila berdiri kau tinggi, bila duduk aku lagi tinggi. tak kisah. janji terbukti aku ringan dari MUNG





Salam and hye people,

picture di atas tak ada kena mengena dengan entry ni. cuma nama yang bakal di sebut tu adalah orang di atas. at least you've an idea, who is S-i-m-o-n and who is a-f-i-q-a

okay tajuk utama hari ni ialah,

haven't you feel embarrassing or low confident of yourself because of english problem?

pronunciation terbelit-belit

Grammar berterabur hampeh..

yes, so am I.

sebenarnya, for those who're good in their english and reading this blog, definitely will say

'teruk nya grammar minah ni'

serious, but I couldn't care less, I just wrote what I think is right. and to be honest, I have grammar book beside me while I had written something in my blog. I don't know other people intention if they were writing in english, for me, when it comes to some so call JIWANG sentence such

''I love you so much and thanks course love me for who I am''


is better instead of


''saya sayang awak dan terima kasih kerana menyayangi diri saya seadanya diri saya ini''


tolong, nak ketawa.


that's make me change my writing language. apart of that, for me, this is the only way I can release what I feel regardless of how many grammar mistake I had been made.

but, truthful saying, I have broken grammar as much as u read my previous entry. but, that's how I write in exam. HAHA. tapi in marketing course, yang penting term bukan nya ayat sangat. aku rasa lah. ini aku rasa tau.

I say and write based on what I think that sounds good and correct. HAHA.

but it even worst when my advisor says this through her email due to my thesis proposal

''I prefer to talk to you/see you.....bila you balik from Paris?Dahlah tu grammatical errors ada
juga....tak kuasa I nak betulkan (you find someone good to proofread your
work)''

time aku baca ni. I was like laughing to myself because of untill this stage, my writing was terribly suck. MACAM MANA?

and there's some of story I think its good to be shared. pasal grammar lah.

kan masa nak send email pada companies abroad masa nak apply internship ni, aku kena email dorang. so basically I'll attach my friend's name together with me. Faezah. and I say this in my email

''me and my friend are interesting.... blah blah..''

The correct is, ''my friend and I...''

Lagi?

ini second time nak hantar email kat MPOC Egypt untuk buat internship cos, as a students who are planning to do practical abroad, we should have full effort and everything has to be plans by ourselves. kena independent lah

cita nya macam ni, aku write panjang lebar, sebab nak conclude kan 1 email untuk menceritakan semuanya instead of write and explain one by one for the next email. lagipun aku nak hantar ke company sama cuma branch dia kt Egypt je. so tak payah nak ulas lebih2 tentang kitaorang. sebab dah tak ada masa time tu. sebab aku dengan eja kan dah tak boleh buat interns kat states. so kitaorang ada masa within one month untuk prepare company lain. time tu gelabah hanjing dan harapan tu mcm 20% je la. lagi 80% dah hancur berderai.

so before aku send email tu, I asked my friend who is good in english and after read the email, he laughs like was reading doremon comic or comedy story :(

HAHA. it goes to

''I am appreciate...'' instead of ''I appreciate''

and

''to going..'' instead of '' to go''

benda-benda ni akan aku ingat sampai mati. millions thank to correct me and I still remember that you said, lepas ''to'' kena ayat asal macam go, eat, tak boleh ubah. okay okay. thank you :)

but it even hard when I don't read english newspaper, don't even speak english often with my family cos I've been grown in JAWA family, so I had JAWA as my third language instead of Arabic which I learn most during my primary and secondary school but still I get bad result on that subject. for me, in order for you to improve and other language is about practicing. otherwise, it would not effective. if my mom can speak arabic and speaking arabic to me, sure I can translate some of words in our Holly book Al-Quran isn't ?

okay back to who has Grammar problem. yesterday, when Ilya was not in the office cos she attend Tourism event, I've to send questionnaire that I had done to my Advisor. you know, as you need to write to advisor, you need to be proper and well sentence written on. I on FB and see who my friend can help me out. first is kak yong, I seek her help to double check my questionnaire content if either it has grammar mistake, do correct me.

she send me back my questionnaire right after made some correction. after that she's off line. alamak kak yong tunggu jap, aku banyak nak tanya ni. hehe

and before send the email, basically, you need to write like

''salam miss..
here I attached you the questionnaire that I've edit.. alamak stuck grammar-grammar''

lepas tu fikir, is either ''had edited'' or ''have edited'' or ''had editing''

its like when you're MC of some event, you'll says

''DENGAN INI, MEM-PERSEMBAHKAN TARIAN GOLEK-GOLEK''

or


''DENGAN INI, DI-PERSEMBAHKAN MENARI GOLEK-GOLEK''


or


''DENGAN INI, TARIAN GOLEK-GOLEK DIPERSEMBAHKAN!'


mana satu betul?


that such things


susah ke grammar ni sebenarnya sebab kalau aku tanya kawan-kawan aku yang good in english pun dorang akan cakap, eh I grammar kurang jugak, I cakap ikut apa I rasa sedap.

emm kalau macam tu, orang ikut sedap kan, aku ikut pelbagai rasa, sedap and tak sedap aku campur. haha

okay, berbalik pada cerita asal, lepas buntu ayat nak send email tu kan. tiba-tiba aku tengok mamat sorang ni online, aku pun..

me: simon, help me. I've to send email to my lecturer, but then she always and keep complains about my english grammar,can you correct me? is either

''had been edited''

OR

''had been editing''

HAHAHAHHAAHHA


Simon :hey. yes i will try my best and ask my colleagues here if u want

whats the context?

i need the whole sentence


me :Here I attached you questionnaire that had been edited?

is it correct?


simon: no

me: correct me please

simon: one second , I need to ask my friend cause my grammar is not that good as well. haha

enclosed you will find the edited questionnaire

thats what i suggest

Me : I wanted to say that I send her questionnaire that already edit..

haha

Simon: yes same meaning

did u edit it?

Me : yes I did

Simon: u could also they

Please find enclosed the edited questionnaire its same i asked an american who works with me he says its correct

Me: okay thanks, my lecturer was graduated from states as well,


Simon: de rien madame ;)


Me: merci bo coup

:)

Simon:ah he shouldnt be to strict it just an email


me: yes she is and pity me because of poor grammar I don't knw how to improve

:(

Simon:read english newspapers it helps a lot and of course writing with people from Germany helps even more!


Me: of cos that germany guy improve my english as well


Simon: ya u will be fluent afterwards


Me: thanks a lot dude (GILA TIME NI BETUL2 TERINGAT CLASSMATE AKU YANG SUKA CAKAP D-U-D-E) hahah


simon: np DUDE!


Me: then whats dude for?


Simon: no its correct np means no problem


Me: ohh I tought it was NOPE heheh


So moral value nya. jangan lah takut nak bercakap or nak tulis apa2 in english sebab kita memang asal melayu. bahasa melayu. so it was good enough if you can

understand english even though you're not good enough in writing or fluent in speaking. I'm glad that UiTM had treated me well in english wise since everything I learns was in english. Apart from that, I can speak english during presentation, I think that was awesome for me yang mana my parent don't practicing english, I do not even speak english mcm orang lain. kira okay lah kan. tak ada lah teror gila. taoi boleh la nak communicate kat sini, kalau cakap english dorang faham jugak, sebab french people can speak english as well. and tak kan tiba-tiba nak keluar.

''KABARE..''

nanti tak pasal-pasal aku kena..

''KARATE''

okay, kabare tu bahasa jawa, maksudnya, apa khabar.

and as I had short conversation with simon and my experience when I was with some european in my hostel before. They were fluent in speaking but not in proper writing. serious. sama macam kita orang melayu, somehow we're good enough in our language course that's how we been grown with. contoh macam

''ko nak gi mana'' ni bahasa pasar la


yang betul


''kemanakah kamu hendak pergi?''

it same goes to grammar.


I think so. So probably now, I'm still learning and searching a good sources for me to improve my grammar wise. penting sangat okay sebab lepas ni, ramai lagi akan ketawa

kan kau. so sampai bila kau nak di bahan. Haha. yang penting, betul la apa simon cakap, baca english newspaper it will benefit you alots. newspaper mesti guna bahasa and ayat yang betul. see, simon pun not good in grammar, sama je macam kita. jadi,


Sama-samalah kita belajar dan banyak kan membaca DEMI kebaikan bersama.

agak-agak cikgu bahasa melayu aku tergelak tak baca statement ter-akhir tu?

tapi aku rasa bagus jugak start nak betul kan grammar and as far as her concern about grammar, I'' aware about what I wrote to her. Thanks miss. love you.


Love & hugs from PIKA.






































2 comments:

Ina said...

hi..dear..my first time here..really panjang lebar ooo. the thing is, mmg kena byk membaca, dan practise makes perfect dear.

afiqa.z said...

ina, thanks :)))